Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Operation Christmas For Our Troops" a HUGE success

my friend, Rodney Stanhope's organization, Yellow Ribbon America, pulled off a christmas miracle after looking pretty grim



I was there for days 1 and 7, putting in 12 hour days to help, and 8 or 9 hours another day, finally putting in 4 or more hours helping to pack up things then transporting them to my friend's home

my toy drive photos


Day 1



Day 7


I later talked to Rodney and he told me "get me more media coverage!". So I barnstormed through the local news stations, calling channel 3, channel 10, and channel 13, giving each newsroom a concerned ear full of why Rodney needed more media coverage . since channel 10 helped put the word out, my friend went from almost not being able to deliver toys to ALL the military families, to having likely a SURPLUS thanks to the News10 viewers



it was an absolutely killer feeling to know this was accomplished, and I'm very proud of the help I was able to render to the cause.

No comments: